Re: gcc2 archives (was re: config.guess and Linux/GNU)

I can't resist an opportunity to plug an old hobby of mine.

Michael Meissner wrote:

> Thus for people interested in really old software archaeology, you
> would have to look for caches of old releases (or private archives

Like, oh, say ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/old-releases/ ?

There are even a couple of patches to gcc 1.40 for MIPS processors
in the archive from some meissner@osf.ORG guy.

Every old version of GCC that I could dig up back in '95 is in this
dir -- if anyone has an older version of gcc that I'm missing
(anything older than 1.35), drop me a line.  I'm pretty certain that
I scrounged up every old GCC version that is on public ftp sites back
when I assembled this collection.

Jason

PS- Similar archives of old GDB and Binutils releases are on
sourceware.cygnus.com.