RE: Testsuite policy - test case now passes but bug remains

I'm pretty certain that the original bug is still there, as the failure is
the same.  It's just that it is no longer triggered in the original reduced
testcase.  Trivial and apparently unrelated changes to the testcase
retrigger the problem - essentially declaring another unused array in the
subroutine.