Re: Conerned about lack of detail in ChangeLog/commit messges

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 05:13:08PM +0100, Nick Burrett wrote:
> I think it is much easier to look at a ChangeLog than look at the CVS logs
> for individual files.

It might help if the date format for ChangeLog entries were
standardized upon.

> The `cvs log' has to keep on being re-generated, the ChangeLog is
> there, fast to access, and provides a good overview of all files
> changed, rather than just a few.

I love my DSL, what can I say. :-)   I do see your point.  But, I am
usually doing the opposite -- I just want to know about the chagnes to a
single file.  I find that a single file's change can get lost in the
sometimes huge ChangeLog entries.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)