Machine Description '.md'

	Hi!
	Could someone please help me? I want to know if the file
 '.md' containing the machine description is read during the
 compilation, i.e., each time I invoke gcc or this file is used
 only when I make the compilation of the properly gcc. I am
 studying the possibility of apply gcc to reconfigurable
 architectures, and so, the machine description has to be
 changed many times. Is it mean that I have to recompile gcc
 for every new target architecture? Or can I only change the
 '.md' file "on-the-fly" and then generate code for the new
 architecture?

	Best Regards,

	Marcio.