Re: AC_C_INLINE

 > From: Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
 >
 > I'm about to add the necessary stuff to gcc/configure.in but stopped at the
 > config.h issue. AC_C_INLINE uses AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTE without description,
 > requiring us to put a corresponding block in config.in.
 >
 > I'd say it would be better to send a patch to the autoconf maintainer that
 > passes AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTE a description and in the meantime put a
 > gcc_AC_C_INLINE into aclocal that does just that. Comments ?
 >
 > Philipp

I'm pretty sure autoconf-2.13 handles this just fine through its own
entry in $prefix/share/autoconf/acconfig.h.  I see that gcc/config.in
already has "#undef inline" so I'm not sure why you say we need a
manual one inserted.

IMHO, I wouldn't hold up on this issue, just do what works and we can
make it elegant later.  It's okay to do iterative improvements as long
as you don't break anything new. :-)

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Engagement Manager / Project Services
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Qwest Internet Solutions