This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: "GNU_AS" symbol in IA-64 bits
- To: obrien at freebsd dot org
- Subject: Re: "GNU_AS" symbol in IA-64 bits
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:14:43 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Newsgroups: cygnus.egcs
In article <20000605010319.A35899@dragon.nuxi.com> you write:
>Is anyone against s/GNU_AS/GAS/g in configure* and config/ia64/* ?
>This would make things consistent with the Alpha, MIPS, sparc, ia32/i386
This is an OK change. No one is using IAS anymore, so no one should notice
the change in the option name. I do think that the option comment string
should continue to say GNU as though, for people who don't happen to know
what "GAS" is. After all, there is no "gas" binary, there is only a "GNU as"
binary. Personally, I prefer "GNU as" for this reason, but I am willing to
conform to established convention.