Re: working around "QImode can alias everything" missed optimizations

    I think `restrict' will do what you want -- in theory.  Whether the
    GCC implementation (which is, I believe, based more on my work that
    John Carr's) will do it or not is unclear.  The current implementation
    of restrict is, shall we way, limited.  Information is not propogated
    around the compiler as widely as it should be.

I think it's actually pretty complete, but I'm doing work in that area
right now and it'll be a bit better once I'm done.