[Fwd: GCC for FR30!!]

Hi,

I've been trying for the past few days to compile the GCC-suite for
the fr30-elf target.

what i've done so far:
- downloaded most recent snapshot of binutils (000524)
  and successfully compiled it for target fr30-elf
- downloaded newlib-1.8.2 and included it in the gcc compilation
   with the flags --with-newlib,
--with-headers=/gcc/gcc/newlib/libc/include
- downloaded snapshot 20000508, which BTW has a broken g++-package, it's
    size is only about 450 KB, where it should be about 1,8 MB. Since that
didn't
    work, I downloaded 20000501, and tried compiling it like this:

# binutils are already in /gcc/out/bin and added to the path
md /gcc/out
md /gcc/work
cd /gcc/work
rm -rf *
/gcc/gcc/configure --target=fr30-elf --prefix=/gcc/out --with-newlib
--with-headers=/gcc/gcc/newlib/libc/include
make

make stops at fr30.c, with a massive load of warnings and errors.

This is the first time I've ever tried to compile GCC, and I've made good
progress but the step of compiling GCC-correctly.

I would be thankful if someone could give me step-by-step instructions
to compiling this cross-compiler. I mean telling me what to download,
where to download, what to compile and how to compile. All this because
I don't have too much time to waste trying desperately on my own, to make
it work, while I know that someone has already done it.

thanks,
Tuukka Lehtonen