Re: SGI releases IA64 C C++ and F90 compiler under GPL

"Martin v. Loewis" <martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> > So what I'm saying is: this isn't out of the question, but you also
> > shouldn't expect it to happen next week.  The SGI compiler group
> > management knows about the discussion on this mailing list.
>
> Thanks for the insight; I hope this will conclude the discussion.

The most important part of the discussion seems to got lost:
Which parts of pro64 would be useful for gcc at all and makes it sense to
port anything at all given he differences in basic infrastructure and
language?

At least the F90 frontend could be used without any gcc changes at all --
if I understand correctly it can generate C from its internal representation.

-Andi