unformatted data

Hi,
Actually I'm trying to read some Unformatted data files using g77 on my PC Pentium Machine. Those data were generated on a Unix-Sun Solaris System (via Fortran 77 and C compilers) and also have been byteswapped in order to be readable by a PC system. But , I could not succeed in doing so, the error that appear is:

do_us: off end of record

apparent state: unit 11 named c:/casestudyjul94/data/o794pc6.dat

last format: list io

lately reading sequential unformatted external IO

 abnormal program termination

I'm really lost at this point. Could you help me?
Thanks in advance
Paula

Paula Vigliarolo
CADIC