Re: GCC 3.0 Release Criteria

Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman@debian.org> writes:
> Much as I would, as a Debian developer, love for Debian to have this
> distinction, Debian has no process for doing a comprehensive "make
> world" as I understand *BSD and RH do, and I believe that makes it
> much harder to do comprehensive testing, and thus limits Debian's
> usefulness for this purpose.

I have been told that I am uninformed---such things can happen with a
project as big as Debian.

If this can be done, the fact that Debian probably has a more
comprehensive collection of free software than any other distribution
or OS (that I know of, which means there may be others I don't know
of, so go easy on me) might well make Debian a better, or at least
more comprehensive test bed.  This could in itself be considered good
or bad. :-)

If people want to consider this, I can point them to the people doing
the work on automating the builds.

Mike.