This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: if-conversion a performance bottleneck
- To: matzmich at cs dot tu-berlin dot de (Michael Matz)
- Subject: Re: if-conversion a performance bottleneck
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 21:39:36 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu (Brad Lucier), rth at cygnus dot com (Richard Henderson), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> Btw. do you have also slightly smaller test cases (a quarter or so)? At
> home I only have a slow machine and waiting 10 minutes everytime to see,
> if one change was worthwhile is, erhh... slow.
popov-1089% /export/u10/egcs-profile/lib/gcc-lib/alphaev6-unknown-linux-gnu/2.96/cc1 -O1 -mcpu=ev6 -fno-math-errno -mieee _t-c-1.i
TOTAL : 31.78 0.36 32.13
BTW, with the introduction of libgcc1, I can no longer
make -j bootstrap
on my Linux box---I run out of processes with the standard value of
NR_TASKS=512! I install a new kernel tomorrow with NR_TASKS=4096.