Re: ssh often hangs where pserver succeeds

> I have noticed that cvs over ssh often hangs, especially for
> long-running diffs and updates.  Running without locks via `cvs -n'
> helps for diffs, but doesn't work correctly for updates.  On a whim I
> reverted to pserver and so far it has succeeded every time where ssh
> had been hanging.
>
> Has anyone else experienced hangs with cvs over ssh?

I have that problem not (only) with ssh, but with plain anonymous CVS
as well. There was a long discussion a couple of weeks ago, where for
example XEmacs people reported they have the same problem. I filed a
CVS bug report, but nothing happened so far. Cygnus (specifically,
Jeff) claimed that there was no bandwidth shortage on their end, so I
still suspect a bug in CVS somewhere.

Regards,
Martin