This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ssh often hangs where pserver succeeds
- To: gkm at eng dot ascend dot com
- Subject: Re: ssh often hangs where pserver succeeds
- From: "Martin v. Loewis" <martin at loewis dot home dot cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 23:59:18 +0200
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200005030930.CAA04062@gkm-dsl-194.ascend.com>
> I have noticed that cvs over ssh often hangs, especially for
> long-running diffs and updates. Running without locks via `cvs -n'
> helps for diffs, but doesn't work correctly for updates. On a whim I
> reverted to pserver and so far it has succeeded every time where ssh
> had been hanging.
> Has anyone else experienced hangs with cvs over ssh?
I have that problem not (only) with ssh, but with plain anonymous CVS
as well. There was a long discussion a couple of weeks ago, where for
example XEmacs people reported they have the same problem. I filed a
CVS bug report, but nothing happened so far. Cygnus (specifically,
Jeff) claimed that there was no bandwidth shortage on their end, so I
still suspect a bug in CVS somewhere.