This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ssh often hangs where pserver succeeds
- To: Greg McGary <gkm at eng dot ascend dot com>
- Subject: Re: ssh often hangs where pserver succeeds
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 08:14:08 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200005030930.CAA04062@gkm-dsl-194.ascend.com>
On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 02:30:55AM -0700, Greg McGary wrote:
> I have noticed that cvs over ssh often hangs, especially for
> long-running diffs and updates. Running without locks via `cvs -n'
> helps for diffs, but doesn't work correctly for updates. On a whim I
> reverted to pserver and so far it has succeeded every time where ssh
> had been hanging.
> Has anyone else experienced hangs with cvs over ssh?
I heard rsync hangs over ssh.