This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ssh often hangs where pserver succeeds
- To: Greg McGary <gkm at eng dot ascend dot com>
- Subject: Re: ssh often hangs where pserver succeeds
- From: Dave Brolley <brolley at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 10:29:22 -0400
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat Company
- References: <200005030930.CAA04062@gkm-dsl-194.ascend.com>
Greg McGary wrote:
> I have noticed that cvs over ssh often hangs, especially for
> long-running diffs and updates. Running without locks via `cvs -n'
> helps for diffs, but doesn't work correctly for updates. On a whim I
> reverted to pserver and so far it has succeeded every time where ssh
> had been hanging.
> Has anyone else experienced hangs with cvs over ssh?
Yes -- I have problems from home (cablemodem), but not from the
office (isdn). I've never figured it out and have resorted
toalways updating on my laptop at the office and then taking it
with me :-(