Re: GCC 3.0 Release Criteria

> On Thursday, 27 April, 2000 15:59:54, Joe Buck <jbuck@possibly.synopsys.com>
> wrote:
>
> > [ Chill front end ]
> >
> > Trevor Jenkins
> >> I'll play devil's advocate here; or should that be hell's-frozen-over
> >> advocate? I believe there to be a very good reason for keeping the Chill
> >> front-end maintained as part of gcc 3 and later. It provides a
> >> reference/tutorial case of integrating a new language into the gcc
> >> architecture.
> >
> > If we're going to maintain it, we need a maintainer;

The 2.3.x kernel has CONFIG_OBSOLETE, so that code stays around in
tarballs, but it doesn't appear in the build.  Disk space is cheap :)
(OTOH the chill frontend is significantly larger than a few old drivers)

	Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Nothing cures insomnia like the
Building 1024            | realization that it's time to get up.