Re: PPC optimisations

>>>>> "Philippe C D Robert" writes:

Philippe> I just have a question regarding gcc on PPC plattforms. As it seems the
Philippe> compiler doesn't optimise very well compared to eg. x86. Since I am not really a
Philippe> compiler hacker, could someone explain to me what the most 'expensive'
Philippe> weaknesses are in this respect? And how much differs gcc on PPC from other RISC
Philippe> archs such as eg. gcc on ALPHA?

	I do not think the above statement is true and you need to provide
more justification as to what you are asking.  Also, are you referring to
gcc-2.95 or to the development sources.  I also would suggest that you
look at the numerous PowerPC architecture-specific optimizations which
have been added to the development sources.

David