Re: Wanted: Access to PPC Linux for bounds-checking work

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 05:11:32AM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2000, Greg McGary <gkm@eng.ascend.com> wrote:
>
> > I need access to a PPC Linux system to develop and debug the PowerPC
> > runtime.
>
> How about a cross environment?  --target=powerpc-eabi works so well
> that it's the target used for GCC hourly (or so) testing.

But powerpc-eabi doesn't support tri-staging a compiler, since it doesn't have
a filesystem.  For this, he really needs access to a PPC Linux box.  At one
point, the LinuxPPC folks had loaner machines for doing ports, you might try
contacting them (or yellowdog which is their competitor).  Note, 64-bit Linux
PPC isn't compete yet if memory serves (Geoff/Franz would know more).

--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company.
Work:	  meissner@redhat.com		phone: +1 978-486-9304