Re: Can't build egcs-20000417 with cygwin-1.1.0

As you may have noticed, I was able to build egcs-20000417 under cygwin-1.1.0 with exactly the same minor patches as under last summer's cygwin.  Now that Chuck Wilson has corrected texinfo, it may even be possible to install the .info files, if you can get around all the problems with mixtures of line termination styles in the .texi files.  However, with the increasing frequency of ICE's in the cygwin snapshots, which are more than enough to prevent running testsuite on g++, these attempts to use snapshot versions are looking less worth while.  I suspect that many of the additional testsuite failures found with the new cygwin dejagnu are for real.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2000 6:40 AM
Subject: Can't build egcs-20000417 with cygwin-1.1.0

I wonder if there might be a chance of being able to build egcs using cygwin-1.1.0
in the near future? I know that it has not been possible during the egcs evolution
before. But, perhaps the time has come to incorporate patches to the egcs
development branch to make it build under cygwin-1.1.0?

Cheers,

/ChJ