Re: installing gcc on winnt

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> > configure.bat is a relic from pre GCC-2.8 time. It's no more used to
> > configure gcc for DJGPP. There is also something about WinNT in that file
> > but I'm afraid it's terribly outdated.
>
> If that is the position of the original submitters of that code,
> should it be removed from gcc, then?

I'm not a original submitter of that stuff (gcc/configure.bat and related
files). Anyway I think this way of configuring GCC for DJGPP is (as I think)
terribly outdated and broken (eg. last modification to it was before building
gcc required that libiberty is built before).

I have built binaries of GCC for DJGPP since gcc-2.8.1 and since port of 2.8.0 a
different way was used (running configure from some script that sets some
environment variables to workaround some DOS related problems). But all these
binaries are based on patched version of GCC (including renaming many files,
especially header ones, modifications needed to push through Makefiles
environment variable in prefix (prefix=$DJDIR) etc)

Andris