Re: RFC: Prefetch instruction support

Hello Jan,

really nice work. I hope this will become part of gcc, it will be
usefull not only on the Athlon (IIRC, the new Intel VTune Compiler makes
massive use of prefetching on the PIII, which gives it a *big* boost).

> During last weekend I've implemented basic prefetch instruction framework
> (tested on Athlon) based on the suggestions of Alex Dreyzen and Norbert Juffa
> from AMD.
One question: Do the prefetch instructions only work on the Athlon?
I remember vague, that the K6-II has them also (partly). It would be
nice if the K6-II can use this feature too.

Well done, Jan. Thanks alot.

	Frank

--
Frank Heldt