Re: gcc-ss-20000403: installation failure on hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00

On Apr 10, 2000, Marc Girod <girod@stybba.ntc.nokia.com> wrote:

AO> But it is building a shared library.  Try --disable-shared.

> Doesn't help.

I don't understand.  It helps for me.  Did you configure a clean build
tree with --disable-shared and nevertheless tried to build a shared
libstdc++?  Or did you just re-configure a build tree that had already
been built with --enable-shared?  The latter won't help, because
hppa*/libstdc++ won't be re-configured.  You may edit config.status in
that directory, replace --enable-shared with --disable-shared, then
run ./config.status --recheck.  This should help.

> Besides, isn't this likely to just hide the symptom? The ld error
> will appear back again at the first real linking, will it not?

Hard to tell.  If it's related with shared libraries, no.  But if it's
some more general problem, yes, it may re-appear later on.

--
Alexandre Oliva    Enjoy Guaranį, see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com