Re: Tree stability going into Version 3.0

> From: "N. D. Culver" <ndc@alum.mit.edu>
> To: <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
> Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 10:02:14 -0400

> Recently, I've been thinking about writing a 'private tree' to 'gcc
> tree' program which incorporates the GCC back end.

We'd much rather have you write a program front end for gcc, then a
slurp up the output of your proprietary front end module.

> Can I depend upon the Web documentation for the 'gcc tree' internals
> going forward for the next couple of years?

Yes, the tree stuff remains somewhat stable over time.  I say
somewhat, as we do add new stuff, and flex stuff around some, and the
tree structure isn't usually enough to do a program.  These other
parts sometimes flex as well.  You can compare tree.def from a year to
to ago to the current one, to get a feel for it.