Re: sstream

> > Also, what mechanisms will v3 provide to allow syncing between stdio
> > and iostreams on platforms such as *BSD that don't use libio in their C
> > library?

Solaris doesn't use libio in its C library, and libstdc++-v3 supports
Solaris quite well. On these platforms we build a skeletal libio, and
use it, much like the current libstdc++-v2.

Does that answer your question?

> I didn't find anything about that on the libstdc++ web page and noticed
> that none of the BSDs is on the build matrix. Hopefully this doesn't mean
> we'll run into troubles on these platforms?

I'm interested in testing on BSD. Which one, in particular? I don't
have access to a BSD box, so that has kind of limited my testing.

-benjamin