Re: 2.95.2 missing files?

I think you misinterpreted what I said.  I can build gcc on one version of

Solaris and run it on another because that is precisely what I'm doing.
My question pertains to why I need to rely on the sockets.h header file
that comes with Solaris.  I was under the impression that the gcc was a
full
stand alone C and C++ compiler.  Of course there needs to be a C compiler
present to build the gcc package, but after that I would think it could
stand alone
with its own header files and libraries.  Perhaps the correct answer is
that 2.95.2
hasn't been tested for Solaris 2.5.1, at least with sockets.