G77 NAMELIST help

Hi!

I have a quick question.  I would like to run programs with
the fortran NAMELIST statement in them with g77  under Linux
Red Hat. But, when I try to run the compiled programs on my
Linux computer they die at the first instance of input via
the NAMELIST statement.  So, I go to the internet to get some
help with the exact syntax of the NAMELIST statement under GNU
fortran and I always seem to find the following statement:

The NAMELIST statement, and related I/O constructs, are supported
by the GNU Fortran language in essentially the same way as they are
by f2c.

Only problem is I can not find any detail on how f2c supports
the NAMELIST statement anywhere!  Will someone point me to
a good version of a f2c manual that will give good details on,
for example, what the exact syntax of the NAMELIST statement
is?

-Mike Wolff
 wolff@xip.nrl.navy.mil