Re: gcc-ss-20000306: installation failure on hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00

On Mar 13, 2000, Marc Girod <girod@stybba.ntc.nokia.com> wrote:

AO> I don't have your previous report any more, and you didn't post a
AO> URL for it.

> I didn't know I should have.

You didn't have to, but it always helps when bug reports or
request-for-help messages are self-contained :-)

> Here it is: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2000-02/msg00767.html

Thanks.  I see you're indeed using --with-as to point GCC to your
installation of GNU as, and --with-gnu-as to signal GCC it is supposed
to use GNU as, even though it is auto-detected when --with-as is
given.

I'd suggest repeating the failed command with `-v', just to make sure
it's running the `as' you expect.  If it fails, upgrading binutils may
help.

--
Alexandre Oliva     http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/     Enjoy Guaranį
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com