Re: installation help

> I am trying to set up my HP workstation as an APACHE server.  My problem
> occurs when I compile the source code.  I get an error regarding a
> C/ANSI C product.  It suggests using your compiler.
>
> So, I downloaded your compiler and soon after your make program and in
> the process of compiling your compiler, I get the error:
>
> (Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -g option is available only with the
> C/ANSI C product; ignored.
>
> How can I get a C/ANSI C compiler installed if it requires a C/ANSI C
> compiler to install it?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Michael,

It seems like you are confusing some products here. HP/UX comes with a
bundled C compiler, which is not an ANSI C compiler, but can be used
to install gcc.

HP also sells the "ANSI C product" as a separate product, that is
available from HP.

I don't understand what the "it" is that suggests using gcc - I would
guess it must be the Apache installation, not HP. I somehow doubt that
HP is recommending to install gcc - they'd rather recommend buying
their ANSI C compiler.

Anyway, gcc is the GNU Compiler Collection, and it includes a C
compiler that can be used both for ANSI C and traditional C. When
installing that compiler on HP/UX, it tries to use the -g option. That
option is not available with the bundled HP compiler, but that should
not be a problem; gcc can be build without '-g'. So just ignore the
warning.

Regards,
Martin