Re: CPP problem

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 09:56:42PM +0100, Damjan Lampret wrote:
> > filesystem corruption.  Look carefully (ls -li) at all the files and
>
> OK. I will. But...
>

> > The first number on each row is the inode number, and the digit right
> ;-)

Sorry.  A lot of people don't know what the link count is.

> > If there are any symbolic links around, they may confuse things - look
> > for them too.
>
> But I used 2.95.2 and egcs-1.1.2 targeting i386, ppc, mips, arm etc. and
> they ALL work OK. Then I recompile everything for OR1K (new architecture
> port I am working on) and CPP doesn't work anymore. In both version - 2.95.2
> and egcs 1.1.2. Why would this kind of behavior have something to do with
> inodes? I use the same host in all cases.

That is bizarre.  The preprocessor shouldn't even notice.  Look at
your tm.h file carefully; the only thing I can think of is that you
need to define some magic macro and you haven't.

If you're working on a new architecture port, you should really be
using snapshots - this will make it easier to merge the port into
mainline GCC once it is finished.

zw