Re: Gcc Problems??

> > I haven't tried in a while, but in my experience, the 2.2 Linux kernel
> > always crashed when compiled with gcc 2.95 (it would not
> > boot). However, I'm not sure whose fault that is.
>
> Debian compiles its kernels with gcc 2.95, and there hasn't been
> any reported problems. I think 2.2.x (for sufficently low x) had
> some problems, especially when compiled by 2.95.

I have also had no problems compiling various kernels (2.2.12 and above
in the 2.2.x series as well as the 2.3.x series) using 2.95.2.  Using
the current cvs'd compiler also works for the above kernels (I don't
check everything every day, but it has worked whenever I've tried it).

Of course, YMMV if you happen to be compiling something different that I
am in the kernel.

-eric