Re: friend from global namespace

Roman Belenov wrote:
> 2.cc:7: parse error before `('
>
> Visual C++ 6.0 works Ok (and friend declaration works as intended).
>
> Is it a gcc bug ? If not, how can I declare friend from global
> namespace ?
This is a known defect in g++'s parser, and there's no known workaround[1].
Sorry.

nathan

[1]There's a patch in the mailing archive from Martin von Loewis at
or around 17th March 1999. It has not been installed because it's
rather icky in places (through no fault of Martin's, just the structure
of g++)

--
Dr Nathan Sidwell :: Computer Science Department :: Bristol University
Never hand someone a gun unless you are sure where they will point it