This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question on -mips switch for MIPS processor
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
- Subject: Re: Question on -mips switch for MIPS processor
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 23:46:48 -0800
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Newsgroups: cygnus.egcs
In article <10001182034.AA03972@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> you write:
>Why does -mips3 default to -mabi=64?
This is what the SGI compiler did at the time that I wrote the code.
This is not what the SGI compiler does anymore.
I agree that it is wrong now.
>Just because somebody has a processor that has those instructions doesn't
>mean they want to use the 64-bit ABI.
To clarify, you do want to use a 64-bit ABI, but you don't want to use the
N64 ABI, you want to use the N32 ABI.