Re: MIPS port and fixincludes

  In message <20000118132922.C19994@wolery.cumb.org>you write:
  > > Since most vendors distribute broken headers,
  > > that would mean that -ansi is broken for everything
  > > except Linux and the latest SVR4.2+.
  >
  > Not so.  Look at the list of systems that use a specialized script
  > (except fixinc.svr4) or no fixincludes at all:
  >
  > interix netbsd openbsd solaris2 winnt sequent sco irix alpha-vms
  > convex hppa-{bsd,lites} hurd moss osf1 cygwin mingw32 win32 uwin linux
  > (not i386)
Yes, but the number of people using things like
sequent, alpha-vms, convex, hppa-{bsd,lites}, hurd, and mosscan be counted
on a couple hands.

Experience has shown that vendors (free and commercial) consistently ship
broken headers.  In fact, we know there are problems with the netbsd/openbsd
headers.

  > None of those need machine_name munging.
Don't be so sure.  I'd bet if I resurrected a hppa-{bsd,lites} system that
I'd find something wrong with their header files.

jeff