This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: MIPS port and fixincludes
- To: Bruce Korb <bkorb at sco dot COM>
- Subject: Re: MIPS port and fixincludes
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:34:53 +0000 (GMT)
- CC: Gavin Romig-Koch <gavin at cygnus dot com>, Zack Weinberg <zack at wolery dot cumb dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> determines the need. The really right thing for fixincludes
> to do is to only change those names that apply to a particular
> port but are not defined by the compiler. For example, it is
> pointless to change "sparc" to "__sparc__" on an IA86 box.
No it isn't. The user is free to define sparc. (S)he shouldn't
get sparc-specific code on an IA86 box as a result.