Re: Predicated execution

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 02:24:18PM -0800, Richard Henderson wrote:
> > Hmm, how would the @pred work?
>
> That's some stuff I'm currently working on in genrecog and genattrtab.
>
> The idea is that @foo magically generates a predicate for genrecog to
> use that is true iff get_attr_foo is true.  This makes it easy to
> mark which instructions are or are not predicable.

Note in general, I don't think you can use attributes until after reload, since
the attribute can be different based on the register class, etc.  For a machine
that provides predicated execution in all instructions (presumably like the
IA64) it might not matter.  However, there are machines out there that only a
subset of the instructions provided can be predicated, and you might not know
what you have until register allocation has been done.

--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions
PMB 198, 174 Littleton Road #3, Westford, Massachusetts 01886