Re: Converting the gcc backend to a library?

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Jamie Lokier wrote:

> You wouldn't use the linker in a JIT, and I'm sure you wouldn't link and
> then dlopen files.  You'd just assemble direct to memory.  That could be
> using the assembler extracted from binutils, or any of the many others.

   This depends.  Depending on what you're doing, you may well want to
cache the results of your dynamic compilation for later use, though it
might require a different file format.  (In my application, I'd want to
optimize out intermediate objects used for modularity and then save the
result).

Lynn