GCC for SAMBA

Hi,  my aim is to install SAMBA on my unix (Solaris 7) so I can use as a server,however samba will not install as there is no C compiler on my system.

My guess is that I can use gcc-2.95.2 however this has proved to be a task in itself.  I have read the instructions for installation and I'm now confused and can't get past the "configure" stage.

This exercise is only a learning lab for me so I'm not concerned on the variety of options that I may not need.

Is there anyone who can advise me on how to set up a C compiler and it would be a bonus if I could get help with samba?

Damien Moran