Templates instanciation on AIX targets

Dear all,

We heavily use GCC on Solaris & SGI platforms; it seems
that we have problems to instanciate templates on AIX targets
(we use '-frepo' to compile source files, then a "pre-link" of all
object files to instanciate templates).

On Solaris & SGI, the pre-link works fine, it ends up when no templates
remain to be instanciated (undefined of other external symbols remain, but
we do not care).

On AIX, at first attempt, no re-compilation took place at all; we installed the
GNU loader; since then, recompilation takes place during pre-link phase, but
the pre-link phase ends while a lot of templates still remain to be instanciated; if
I launch the pre-link by hand (ex: gcc *.o), templates are instanciated again and
again.

Is automatic template instanciation supposed to be effective on AIX as it is
on Solaris, or do we do something wrong on this platform that we should not do ?

Any help from you will be welcome, since we run out of ideas at this point ...
Many thanks,
                    Phil.

Philippe Nobili
CGG-Petrosystem