Re: gcc-2.95.2 make depend question

Andreas Schwab wrote:

> "Albert E. Whale" <aewhale@access.hky.com> writes:
>
> |> I've just upgraded to gcc 2.95.2 (supposedly the latest stable release),
> |> and when running makedepend I get a strange behaviour.  The makedepend
> |> command searches for the sttdef.h header, and it searches in an obsolete
> |> directory tree.
> |>
> |> WHY?
>
> You need to rebuild makedepend, it has hardcoded knowlege of the compiler
> version that is was built with.
>
> --
> Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
> SuSE Labs                                        completely different."
> schwab@suse.de
> SuSE GmbH, Schanzäckerstr. 10, D-90443 Nürnberg

There isn't a configuration file available to test for the different
Libraries?  I cannot believe that the GNU Guru's would allow this to be
a Hard-Coded Entity?

--
Albert E. Whale       aewhale@hky.com
http://www.hky.com/aewhale.html

Pennsylvania Parenthood Initiative - It takes two people to become
parents, the children need both of them!
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4688/papi.htm
The Father's Rights Network - http://www.hky.com/frn/frnhome.html
Parents without Partners - Past President
Co-Founder of The Purple Heart Foundation