Re: Linux vs. libio

  In message <19991219183255Q.mitchell@codesourcery.com>you write:
  >   In other words, what I'm looking to do is to have two distinct,
  > disentangled, copies of libio: one in libc, to handle stdio, and one
  > in libstdc++ to handle iostreams.  How can this be done?
I think this is rather unwise, and ultimately the wrong approach to solving
whatever problem you're working on.

While I believe it was an unbelievably dumb thing for the glibc folks to
tie libio into the C library, it's done and the GCC folks have to deal with
it.

You will need to work with the glibc folks to find a solution that makes sense
to them as we do not want to start changing the API of the libio contained
in GCC without making corresponding changes to the libio contained in glibc.

jeff