Re: Building current CVS source on solaris-2.7

 > From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@codesourcery.com>
 >
 > By the change
 >
 > Tue Nov 23 00:57:10 1999  Rainer Orth  <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
 >
 >       From Casper H.S. Dik on comp.unix.solaris, 23 Oct 1998:
 >       * configure.in: Try building a bi-arch 32/64-bit compiler on
 >       sparc-*-solaris2.7 and higher.
 >       * configure: Rebuild.
 >
 > current CVS tree is trying blindly to build a bi-arch 32/64-bit
 > compiler whenever it sees it is being configured on a host running
 > under solaris-2.7. Given that sparc64 support is broken and
 > successful sparc64-bootstrap is very rare, what is the documentated
 > way to configure for a 32-bit compiler on solaris-2.7?  For example
 > --with-cpu=v8 simply doesn't work.
 >
 > For the record, the problem
 >
 >         http://egcs.cygnus.com/ml/gcc-bugs/1999-11/msg00798.html
 >
 > I reported, some days ago, is still present but doesn't
 > surface when libgcc.a is built without '-m64' option (that option
 > seems to be passed to xgcc, unconditionally).
 > -- Gaby

I can confirm that on my Solaris 2.7 box I see the same failure you
do.  I have been getting it since around Nov 23rd, up till and
including last night's CVS.

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Engagement Manager / Project Services
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Qwest Internet Solutions