Re: C++ Compiler Search

> My name is Christos Kolliatsas and I am new at the world of C++
> programming, but relatively old in the programming area in
> general. I have decided to get involved with C++ but I cannot locate
> a C++ Compiler in the Internet. GNU site states that you have a free
> compiler for C++, but I wasn't able to locate. I would welcome any
> help or information available.

The "GCC release 2.95" (and most older and all newer releases) include
a C++ compiler. In fact, GCC now stands for "GNU Compiler Collection":
It includes compilers for the C, C++, Fortran, Java, and Chill
languages (with Pascal and Ada to be included in the future).

If you have a Linux or *BSD installation, it most likely already
includes a C compiler, which is called "g++" or "c++". For Windows and
NT, pre-built binaries are also available.

Regards,
Martin