Re: aggressive fixincludes

 > From: Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
 >
 > One thing I am concerned about is that fixincluded files to not get
 > updated when packages get updated.  So, to prevent skew, we should
 > keep the number of fixincluded files to a minimum, even if the fixes
 > do not in any way break the file.  Also, in C++, you can step into
 > code in header files; it's bad if the header is missing its comments.

Agreed.  So IMHO, we should relax the rules and allow // in system
headers even if -ansi is used and nuke all of this stuff from
fixincludes.  That eliminates files which get fixed only for the sake
of C++ comments and reduces possible version skew.

I think to do this, we'd have to look at where the variable
`cplusplus_comments' is used in cccp.c/cpp*.c and add checks on
is_system_include() or ->system_header_p.

Any cpp gurus care to take a look?

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Engagement Manager / Project Services
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Qwest Internet Solutions