Re: aggressive fixincludes

korbb@sourceware.cygnus.com writes:

> > I guess it can happen on platforms where the vendor C compiler
> > allows //-comments.  But is this a real problem?
>
> Yes, as long as -ansi disables //-comment processing.

Let's see:  If the vendor supplies C header files containing C++-style
comments, and if a programmer includes that in a C file, and if
the programer uses -ansi, then something might break.

Can I put on my curmudgeon hat and say "then don't do that"?

Why do we really need to support compiling with -ansi when
including a non-ANSI header file in a C program?
--
	--Per Bothner