g77 and G4

Hi, I apologize if this is the wrong place to send a query of this
sort.

I was wondering if there will be a gnu fortran compiler which will
generate code taking advantage of the alti-vec registers on the PowerPC
G4.  Any indication of where in its development cycle it is would be
extremely helpful.  I am an astronomer and write my programs in fortran
exclusively, so this is an important question for me (not to mention the
many GB of images (reals) I have sitting on tape and disk).

If this is not the appropriate place to ask this question, perhaps you
could direct me to someone who might be working on this?

Many thanks,

Eric Rubenstein
Cerro Tololo Interamerican Observatory
&