Re: Linking with Microsoft-provided .LIB files

"Thomas Womack" <tom@womack.net> writes:
> Is there a way, probably using objdump and a thin wrapper to correct the
> name munging, of getting mingw32 to link with DDRAW.LIB so that I can
> compile graphical Windows programs using the good optimisation gcc-2.95
> provides?

This is not a compiler issue, but rather a assembler/linker issue. The
current binutils (as/ld/etc) cannot link against MSVC created archives
(ie., .lib files).

As far as DirectDraw is concerned, I suggest you look through the archives
of the Cygwin mailing list [1], and if you don't find the information,
post a note there. It's a matter of creating a GNU compatible archive
(.a file) using dlltool, and then linking against that instead.