Profiling GCC (was: CVS GCC infinite loop)

[ Moved to the gcc list ]

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Richard Henderson wrote:
> Would you profile the compiler and find out where it's
> spending its time?

I believe it would be helpful to have simple instructions on the web
telling people how to do such a profiling.

Is anyone willing to write a bit of HTML on this?

Brad, you kindly provided me some info on this a couple of days ago,
how about converting this to a web page? Would you be interested to do
that? (If not, may I use your message as a starting point?)

Gerald