Re: MPE Port

At 08:53 PM 11/8/99 -0700, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>Because if someone replaced the library, then all the applications linked
>against the library would have to be re-linked just in case the list of
>ctors/dtors changed.
Hmmm ... that's a bit different than MPE since the "final link" is really
at load time. We never need to link against a shared library before using
it for precisely the reason above: a version can be updated without requiring
compiles or links elsewhere.

>So instead collect builds and exports a single constructor function for the
>entire library.  *that* function should be added to he ctor/dtor list for
>the main program.

Aha. Then that's what is failing, but I don't see where. Back to the drawing
board.

(One of these days I'm going to have to get gdb ported :-/)

Thanks.

--
Mark Klein                                 DIS International, Ltd.
http://www.dis.com                         415-892-8400