GCC 3 Final

Hi everyone!

Thanks a lot to everyone for help. However, I still have some doubts.
Let me review my problem, I've got a Slackware 3.0 CD, a RedHat 6.0 CD and a
GCC.2.95.2.tar.gz file.

I installed the Slackware distribution because I'd like to use UMSDOS
installation (I can't erase any partition at home). Since I have the Red
Hat, I tried to use its RPM files to update some utilities so I download
from Internet the lastes version of the manager (3.0.3-6X).

However, I couldn't use it because it told me I had a "Segmentation fault"
besides the dependencies problem (first of all, I don't know what is the
segmentation fault for) Looking for possible solutions for the first
message, I found out I need cpio 2.4.2 or greater.

I went to freshmeat site and downloaded that 2.4.2 cpio, the problem is that
it came in source. I tried to compile it (using GCC 2.7.0 which come with
Slackware), but it gives some .h problems (make didn't find some files)

Then, I downloaded GCC 2.95.2 and my problem was how to install it.
I know I need:
- /bin/sh    OK
- make    OK
- a C compiler (does 2.7.0 help?)
- binutils    OK
- C library header files (how do I know if I have them?)
- fileutils    OK

Finally, could you tell me how I can install RPM manager? I just expanded
the compressed file and began using it (you already know my problems with
it)

Lots of thanks,
Santiago