Re: FENV_ACCESS questions in C and Fortran

Geoff Keating wrote:

> Stephen L. Moshier wrote:

> > A related point is that apparently Fortran has no standardized feature
> > corresponding to FENV_ACCESS, yet some of the IEEE complaints come
> > from Fortran users.  Perhaps there could be a command-line switch in
> > g77 to set the global flag pragma_fenv_access and obtain a file-scope
> > equivalent of FENV_ACCESS.

> Perhaps someone could implement a Fortran equivalent of the pragma?

There's no IEEE-754 support in any *current* Fortran Standard - however,
the upcoming F2K Standard _does_ provide for this - see the F2K entry in
our Readings Section, Chapter 15.  I'd rather try to implement something
that has a chance to become a standard than yet-another-extension to
Fortran 77 ...

OTOH, discussions about what IEEE-754 support in Fortran *means* haven't
died down yet ...

--
Toon Moene (toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl)
Phone: +31 346 214290; Fax: +31 346 214286